Thursday, November 10, 2016

I'm Fat, Not Jolly.

Not sure where the jolly rumor started, but I am nobody's ho-ho-heifer. Just thought I'd make that clear before we get to know each other further. In general, I try to stay positive but real. It's ridiculous to think life won't stress you out from time to time. What matters most is how you handle the stress.  I won't lie to you, I hate the turn this country has taken. I'm not sure who let 'this guy' in because he didn't win the popular vote but you know what??? I'm not gonna let him make me fat-- ter... Fatter. Lol. I refuse to stress eat over America. First Lady Obama would not approve.

If you're like me and your country is stressing you, try yoga. Yes, fat people can yoga. I tried a 'yoga for beginners,' Youtube video.  Tereca (teresa) joined me today. It was reassuring to try something like this with her. I heard of a plus size yoga instructor who went viral, but I was still a little hesitant. My little sis was the support I needed. She was also really great!!!! My little princess is a natural.

Our Inspiration


After a 30 minute yoga session, we did a a ten minute Tiffany Rothe workout, which can also be found on Youtube. It was a fast paced, booty shaking routine that worked our entire body and was also extremely fun. I don't know about Tereca but I felt like Beyonce.

After a successful workout, we grabbed lunch and did some extremely light shopping. The best part of today was the realization that the Yoga calmed my mind, my prayers calmed my spirit, and my sister healed my heart.  Food never felt necessary. My friends and I joked that losing weight would be tough on our outings because all we did was eat and snack together but today, we ate a sensibly portioned lunch, and remained active. Shopping may be my new habit but with places like Family Dollar and Goodwill, that's not so bad.

The lesson today was I don't have to be happy, 24/7,  to get healthy.  I'm fat, not jolly, there's a difference. Be honest with yourself about what you're feeling so that what you do about those feelings are more obvious. If you lie about your negative emotions while eating a donut, you'll never be able to fix the problem.

If you must snack, choose wisely. As I type, I'm eating baby carrots. I took two servings and had a hand full of pretzels. #skinnysnacking.

Don't forget, you have a sister in me. I love you and we're in this together. Oh shoot-- I forgot to do my jumps today. Hold up--Ok, literally just did them with Tereca. Lol #dailydoseofjump

No comments:

Post a Comment