Monday, November 7, 2016

Lose 200 Pounds!!!!

I. Am. Fat. No, there isn't an acronym for it. I am literally a person who has a large amount of excess flesh. By definition, I am fat. I'm cute though, so... Yeah, I got that going for me.


Now that we've gotten that established, the question can be asked: What am I going to do about it? Well-- I don't know exactly, but I'm going to start by walking. Actually, I started today.  I woke up at 6 am...ish. It felt like I was being punished for something but medicine is rarely palatable. 

I'm over 300 pounds, standing at 5'1 at age 28. I don't have any children and at this rate, I will never have children. So something has to change. I've tried it on my own to no avail, so this time, I'm bringing my friends along for the journey.  You will often read about my friends Jordan and Becky and my sister, Tereca (Teresa). 

Ten to Thin will be where I talk about my progress and set backs.  The goal is to lose 10 pounds a month. My hope is that I figure out what works and can share it with the world.  I'm not against weight loss surgery but if I can avoid it, I most definitely will. 

Crash diets and 'miracle tonics' are not healthy ways to lose weight but I may try some of the trends, just to see what actually works and to keep the journey interesting. PLEASE CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE DOING ANYTHING YOU READ HERE. Girl, I am NOT a doctor. I barely like to read, so be smart. Gather the facts for yourself and don't hesitate to tell me that I have lost my mind.

Moving on, this is day one of month one. Here's the only pic I took to commemorate this step. I look an absolute fiery mess, but crooked glasses and all, this is me. This isn't a beauty blog so whatever. 


Here's what I saw as I walked. 




Thanks for reading and feel free to discuss my journey with me. Better yet, why not join me? Let's do it, 10 pounds at time. #10tothin We can do this!!!!!!!! And if no one has told you today, I love you. You're not alone. I'm your sister. Have a great day!!!!

16 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yes, I can! I'm really excited, thanks for watching

      Delete
  2. Awesome girl! Downloand my fitness pal and log your eating and excercise. It helped me tremendously since I like to see #s and patterns. Its my musical brain that relates better to anything with rhythm. YOU'VE got this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip. I tried fitness pal and I never keep up with it. I'm hoping the blog will help keep my accountable.

      Delete
  3. You're awesome and I'm with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this and I love you!I'm so proud and can't wait to witness your awesome journey! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm very proud of you will love to see you on this achievement that you will accomplish �� libs you too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome Naudia!! I'm proud of you girl... I'm in it with you!!

    ReplyDelete