Wednesday, November 9, 2016

TOO HEAVY

Today wasn't the best day.  I was sad about the election, my legs hurt, my back hurt, my thighs don't work and it was freezing this morning.  I asked God for a little help and got out of bed. I moved slowly, but I moved. Finally, I started walking. It was 7:15 am. I was supposed to be walking an hour before that but things happen, right?

These are the horses I was telling you about.....

So, I'm walking, praying and trying not to cry when something tells me to turn around. I could see how far I had gone and I felt better.  Again, medicine is rarely palatable but it works. I decided to walk back and as I did, I stopped to do squats and have my daily dose of 'Jump.'  It took me less than thirty minutes, so when I got in, I ended my workout with crunches.

You know, I really wish I hadn't done that. Lol. I caught the worst spasm ever!!!! According to my research, it happens when you don't stretch properly.  So ladies, please add 5 minutes to your workout for stretching. It took a solid 5 minutes to get the excruciating pain to end. It literally knocked the wind out of my lungs!!!!!! Don't let this be you.

Yeah, today wasn't the best day, but I'm proud of myself because I got up, worked out and moved on. What do you guys do when you need motivation??? Tell me in the comment section. Talking to God usually does it for me.

I also want to talk a little bit about the "end game." I made a poll in our Facebook group, asking about why you all want to lose weight. Be sure that this journey is one that YOU want to be on. You can't do this for anyone but YOU. Jordan wasn't up for the walk today but I couldn't sit around and blame her for my inactivity. If I don't walk, it's MY fault. Community weight loss is nice, but at the end of the day, your results are based on YOUR WORK.

To be fair, Jordan is a teacher and has to work. We were going to get up at 5 am and that's super early. I would have to loved to walk and talk with Jordan, especially because I do my best thinking when she's around, but we all have to learn physical independence. Solitude is necessary sometimes, not just in fitness but in life. Grab some 'me time' for yourself and don't apologize for it. You need it to survive.

I suppose that's all I have for today. Remember to stretch and take your daily dose of 'Jump'.  If you haven't heard it yet today, know that I LOVE YOU!!!!! I'm your sister and we are in this together.

2 comments:

  1. Great job. I'm glad you went alone and keep this thing going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sanora! And thank you for commenting every day. It's very encouraging.

    ReplyDelete