Monday, November 21, 2016

The Devil Wants Me to be Fat!!!



Yeah, I said it. I'm sick of the cold already. It just got super cold this morning, but so??? As soon as the cold air hit me, I began to rethink my life.  ANYWAY I walked my mile and fussed out the cold with every step! The devil thought he was going to win this morning, BUT GOD!!!!! Whoo! Only HE could get me down the road and back. I didn't do that by myself, of this I am sure!



After a very cold but surprisingly fast walk, I went straight into housework. Believe it or not, that can count towards your workout, especially if your place looked like mine. Once that was done I caught my breath and tried a new yoga session. I found a free app in the Google Play Store, called Track Yoga.



It releases free Yoga sessions as you gain points by completing the Yoga Sessions that are available to you. I found this session to be more challenging than the one I found on Youtube, so if you're doing the Youtube session, I would stick with that until it becomes easier.

Let's Back Track a Bit

Before I became too sick to work out, my friends and I worked out at the local high school track. Saturday before the one that just passed, I enjoyed the company of my sisters, Tereca and Jordan. We walked, talked, danced and laughed around the track, then did a Yoga session on the grass. Now at that point, I had only done Yoga twice but I had become the instructor. As you can imagine, we continued to laugh but I also became aware of how fast I tend to learn things. I wasn't perfect but after a few more sessions, who knows?!!!!




Moving Forward

I'm glad to be back.  It was hard to rest after my body had adjusted to moving around.  I was also afraid that I wouldn't start again.  I couldn't wait to prove myself wrong! I was so ready to walk today that I started my walk with my daily dose of jump!! I usually have to ease into that but today I believed I could fly!!! Lol

On a more serious note, I am really trying to turn this journey into a holistic experience. Changing your lifestyle starts in your mind, and I believe the strength comes from your soul. So, I have lots of work to do. I'm growing closer to God, working out the darkness and doubt in my mind and taking care of my body. Self care has to be more than physical. The question becomes, "Why?" Why am I fat? Why do I eat what I eat? Why don't I work out? Why don't I go out? What do I think of myself? Those questions aren't easy but it has been my experience that they are the first step to healing wholeheartedly.  Once I lose this weight, I don't want it back, so who I am and what my habits are must change with my body.

If you find that you are a lot like me, the good news is you have a support system.  I love you, I'm your sister and I'm here to help.  We are more than conquerors!!!! Fight for your health. I'm battling right beside you.

Be sure to check out the facebook group for more pics and videos!

Peace and love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment